Wednesday 14 October 2020

3 most efficient sources of information to help you stay up to date on the property market

 

We hear news every day on property and real estate. There is a property section in pretty much every newspaper. Then there is all these podcasts, youtube channels, etc…

 

It almost seems like there is TOO MUCH information out there!

But somehow we still can’t find the answer to our questions.

And we can spend hours and hours ‘learning’ from these random sources, and end up getting drowned by the sea of information.

 

When I first started, I was overwhelmed by all these information that seemed to be available everywhere. But I didn't know what to believe in and what sources to trust. If you are new, it’s hard to be able to tell the good sources from the bad. I read everything I could.

 

Now 7 years later being much more experienced in property, I hardly read any news on property, or follow many channels. I found that consuming random information takes time and brain power. And I don’t have enough of them.

 

I found that the following 3 sources are my most efficient and reliable sources of information that helps me stay up to date in the property market.

-          Your direct power team

Your mortgage broker, your accountant, your letting agent, your builder, your estate agent etc. These are the people that you work with and people that are in the movement every day. What they know is first hand information much more accurate than the news.

-          Reputable industry events

Attending events and networking can be a great source. However it really depends on the quality of the event you go to. Out of the ones I have attended, I found that the PIN (property investors network) meetings are of great value. I used to go to the ones in Canary Wharf and Blackfriars regularly but now with the pandemic, everything is going virtual. If you are based in the UK, definitely check out your local meeting.

-          Reputable industry publications

Just like a banker would read Financial Times, there is a MUST-HAVE magazine that almost all property investors are reading. It’s called YPN (Your Property Network), specifically designed for investors. It contains industry updates, dive into the latest strategies, many case-studies, and useful contacts. I believe you can try the first copy for free.

 

I genuinely hope that the mistakes I made and the different experiences I had would save you time and help you achieve your goal much faster!

Emma


*I can help you build an extra £2000/month income through property – CLICK HERE to book a free strategy session with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment